Scribner, Cohen and Company, S.C. is a trailblazer among Milwaukee firms in helping students take their first steps towards rewarding, lifelong careers. Over almost 40 years, we have refined our internship program to provide everyone who comes through our doors with an exceptional learning experience. We continue to set ourselves apart from other firms by offering a dual tax and accounting internship; all of our interns will have the opportunity for hands-on experience in accounting services, business tax, and individual income tax.
We select four to eight students annually who can commit to at least 40 hours per week from the first week of January through April 15th. Our program requires the completion of Intermediate Accounting and Income Tax I prior to the start date. We extend the opportunity to work overtime based on availability of work and individual performance. Interns receive two weeks of intensive training in both accounting and tax technical skills and procedures. Training supervisors provide mid-season performance evaluations and a shareholder will provide an exit interview at the conclusion of the program.
Interns work closely with all levels of professional staff, and will spend a significant amount of time working one-on-one with the shareholders. Our interns are invited to get to know the people that make Scribner, Cohen and Company, S.C. a great place to work at 1-2 meet-and-greet events as well as the firm holiday party in advance of beginning their internship.
Work with enterprising clients, dedicated mentors, and state-of-the-art tax software to:
- Prepare partnership, S corporation, and individual income tax returns
- Assist with audit engagements, including account reconciliations, physical inventory, and confirmation requests
- Perform monthly and quarterly accounting services, including the preparation of adjusting journal entries and bank reconciliations
As they become available, we also offer opportunities for those who are interested to:
- Prepare fiduciary income tax returns
- Assist in divorce engagements including observation during trial
- Research complex tax issues
- Assist in advising clients through complex restructuring, merger, or acquisition transactions
Submit Your Resume
If you’re interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, view our networking events. You’re also welcome to call Beth Hatch at (414) 271-1700 or email at BethH@scco-cpas.com to arrange an interview. Check out our interns’ experiences with Scribner Cohen below!